Affordable Stump Grinding and Removal
When you have done some tree removal in your yard, stump removal usually follows. Homeowners wouldn’t want to keep a stump sitting in the middle of their yards because they can be home to destructive insects like ants, termites, and wasps. Also, stumps can be hazardous to people strolling around your landscape and cause tripping accidents. If you have an ugly and dangerous stump in your yard, give us a call, and KC Tree Service will come to your aid immediately.
Contrary to what others think, stump grinding is an inexpensive way of getting rid of a stump. Other homeowners choose to have an artist carve art out of the stump, but it can come with a price. With stump grinding, you can get rid of that unsightly stump efficiently and at an affordable price. You are still free to decide which you think is more desirable for your yard. However, it is highly recommended to remove the stump right after the tree has been eliminated.
After receiving a call from you, we will send our tree expert to your property to offer you an estimate and go over your options whether to ground or completely remove the stump. We have prepared a comparison of the advantages of grinding and removal for your reference.
Which One- Stump Removal or Grinding?
- Requires digging up the entire stump together with the root structure near the surface of the ground
- Necessary use of a backhoe
- Requires some amount of back fill to fill the hole that will be left by the stump removal process
- Necessary use of a stump grinder to mill the stump below the ground
- Results to a heap of wood chips, depending on the size of the tree
- Requires a stump grinder be transported on your yard, which is less damaging than a backhoe
Stump Removal Advantages and Disadvantages:
- Complete elimination of the stump and its main roots
- Necessary when foundation work is required, especially for construction areas
- Costs more compared to stump grinding
- Will cause damage to the area, as well as your landscape
Stump Grinding Advantages and Disadvantages:
- The most affordable option for getting rid of a stump
- Causes minimal impact on the surrounding area as compared to stump removal
- No hole is left by the process which means no back fill is required
- Can leave overwhelming dirt and wood chips that can be turned into mulch or compost
- The stump is not totally removed, which is not ideal if foundation work is necessary for the area
As we have mentioned above, stump grinding is the more popular and cheaper way of eliminating the sight of a stump. Whatever the size, age, or species of your stump is, our skilled personnel will ground that stump so that you can maximize the use of your yard.
- When we do our service, trust us never to do the following:
- Pressure you to pay for something that is not included in our estimate
- Fail to communicate the schedule and duration of the project
- Treat your property without care and leave it a mess
With our professional team performing stump grinding in your property, you can be assured that we will finish the job as soon as we can without worrying about the safety of your property.